Tremont Crossing will be home to the new National Center of Afro-American Artists (NCAAA). The NCAAA, an affiliate of the Museum of Fine Arts (MFA), fosters and presents the finest in contemporary, visual and performing arts from the global black world.
At 31,000 square feet, the Museum will have a prominent double-height lobby at the corner of Tremont Street and the plaza, leading up to its primary area on the third floor. The modern, state-of-the-art space will reflect its outstanding work and commitment to the community, and is sure to attract visitors from near and far.
- Four suites of galleries for local and regional permanent/changing exhibitions
- An international artist-in-residence program
- Screening theater for film and video
- Classrooms for teaching in all of the fine arts
- Lecture hall
- Blackbox theater for performances
- Sales shop
- Two-story lobby and roof deck for event rental and public programs